iFinancial Freedom NOW

Monday, December 29, 2008

Sharing what I have realized about work and life

I have been spending most of my time working BLINDLY and after years of working, I started complaining why most our lives must be spent on WORKING? It will be different story if I were working as in building my OWN empire but I wasn't. I was working for PEOPLE, in another words as an employee.

In Singapore, it is so common to see people work for companies days after days, months after months, years after years. What do they get at the end? Retirement? (Which is barely not enough in future as the populations now are outliving their sources).
Furthermore, do you think you can survive till retirement? Don't forget RECESSION which means retrenchment. Nothing is guaranteed in future.

Are you happy with what you are doing? Why spend so much miserable time on life where we only live once? young once? Not unless if you're happy with what you are doing now, by all means.
But if you were like me, used to working BLINDLY? It's time to wake up and it's still not too late. Do what you have passion with, I once watched Oprah's talk show and she said during her show, one does not need to pursue success, do what you have passion with and success will come to you. Does it make sense to you?
You might not know what your passion is but don't give up, keep searching because never try never know. Why waste your time leading a miserable life? Be a daring one to search what you are good at. Time never come back so do our youth.
Although I haven't really found what I really have passion with and good at, I still searching because I don't want to give up. But luckily I woke up from my miserable life and taking action to be the person I want to be.
What is success to you? Everyone has different of definition for it. Commonly, many think that by owning a big house, a car, a good career are successful indications.
But hey, look into yourself, what kind of life do you want to lead? You don't live for others, but you and family. Example, if a lady aims to be a successful housewife who takes good care of her husband and children, keeping the house clean and tidy, helping and supporting her husband, making the family a happy one and if she achieved that aim, she is considered a successful person in her life. Why? Because that is her AIM, to be successful in what she wants to be.
So, if you're living or working blindly, please wake up and start to search. Dare to dream! Dreamers are people with goals, it's ok to be a dreamer but do what you need to do in order to achieve it. It's ok to face some failures in life because they are your TEACHERS. Don't give up. Do it before it's too late.
Live your life everybody!

But not to forget, ones must have the right attitude to continue the journey. Good Luck!

From my friend Evangeline (thanks!)

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Evangeline Daisy said...

Hope by sharing my experience will inspires some.

FFA said...

Definately! We need to encourage and support each other to move forward.

Knowledge is the key. Some books which I recommend reading.